Overview : This course is aimed to provide insight into the establishing, implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System in an organization as per ISO 14001:2004 standard requirements and also is intended to provide organizations to carry out its activities in an environmentally sound manner with minimum impact on the environment, resource conservation and continual improvement.
- To understand the requirements of Environment management System based on ISO 14001:2004 standard.
- To understand evaluation of environmental Aspect / Impact and identification of significant Aspect for the various activities of the organization.
- To understand the Legislation in National context
- To develop documentation system.
- To evolve operational control procedures and emergency response plan.
- To Plan, Conduct and Report an EMS audit.
Pre-requisite to attend this course:
- It is recommended that the students attending this course shall have adequate knowledge of ISO 14001 Standards and some prior knowledge of EMS auditing.
- It is also conveyed that no prior knowledge as above may lead to unsuccessful completion of this course and the gaps in this knowledge may not be covered during this course.
- Internal Auditors
- Introduction of Environmental Management System
- Introduction to ISO 14001:2004 requirements
- Introduction to process approach
- Identification of environmental Aspect.
- Evaluation of significance aspects.
- National legislation, Legal and other requirements.
- Management systems auditing
- Key stages of an audit
- Document review
- Audit skills and review
- Audit role play
- Interpretation of the specification
- Classification of findings
- Audit reporting and follow up
- Improving & maintaining a EMS Effective implementation and monitoring of ISO 14001:2004 Management System